Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Addiction

Although I'm not addicted to drugs, I am addicted to many things. For example, I spend too much time on a computer game called World of Warcraft. However this addiction is different to a regular drug addiction, I am not physically addicted or phycologically addicted I simply play it because it is fun. I do though get carried away when playing WoW and usually play for up to 4-6 hours, but it is natural for people to get carried away when taking part if fun activites, so it cannot really be called an addiction.

However over the course of this project i have learned in depth about a drug addiction and how it builds. I have that a drug addiction can be much worse my computer game addiciton is it can escalate to a point were a person simply cannot function without the drug and it is on their mind 24/7. A drug addiction is also much worse than a computer game addiction since I only pay once per month, the price never varies, were as in a drug addiction the person's addiction wil increase meaning they have to take more and more drugs to soothe their nerves forcing to buy and spend more money on drugs. Eventually financially crippling to person. So I fully understand how difficult and tedious breaking a drug habbit can be.

No comments: